Oh my god am I about to blow your mind. This is going to be one of the easiest things you ever make in the kitchen. It requires two ingredients, and no prep. If you can’t throw two things into a pan and turn on heat please don’t visit my site again [jk jk, I need the hits].
- 1 Pork Shoulder. Preferably with skin on (look for picnic pork).
- Add the entire pork shoulder into the base of a pressure cooker.
- Cover with water.
- Pressure cook for 2 hours.
- I let it cool overnight, first on the counter for several hours and then in the fridge. This helps the pork reabsorb some of the moisture [I think] but, more importantly, chilling it solidifies the pork fat that’s risen to the top. You can scrape off the fluffy fat and reserve for use in any recipe that calls for oil. It’s incredible.
- Reserve the liquid. It will be jello consistency at this point. You’ve just made pork stock.
- Shred the meat with your fingers. This is the pulled part of the pulled pork.
- Toss it in your next pasta dish, risotto, or tacos. Or put some on a fluffy potato slider bun with BBQ sauce.