a few of my favorite places
What to tell your cabbie: "8th & 46th" if you're coming from downtown, "9th & 46th" if you're coming from uptown.
Good cocktails. Quiet patrons. Everything I like in a cocktail bar. Bar seating is first come first serve. Reservations are required if you want to sit at a table or a booth. But it's worth it. My wife and I saw Viola Davis there, and George Clooney has been known to drop in.
- Bemelmans Bar35 E 76th St.
- 21 Club21 W 52nd St. ($17)
- King Cole Bar(St. Regis) 2 E 55th St.
- The Campbell15 Vanderbilt Ave.
- The Rose Club768 5th Ave. ($24)
- Grand Central Oyster Bar 89 E 42nd St.
- Sardi’s234 W 44th St.
- P.J. Clarke’s915 Third Avenue
- The Blue Bar(Algonquin) 59 W 44th St.
- Chumley’s86 Bedford Street
- The Library (Nomad Hotel)
- Gotham Lounge (Peninsula) ($24)
- The Polo Bar(5th & 55th)