Steak, Couscous, Spinach
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 12oz Strip Steak
- 1 8oz box couscous
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Cook steak in a bag in a water bath at 133˚F for about an hour. This assumes you've got a steak that's 1 inch thick. If it's 2 inches it could take 3 hours.
- Remove the steak from the bag and reserve. [Reserve just means don't throw it away. Hopefully you weren't going to throw out the star of this show, but I wouldn't put it past you.]
- Cook spinach like this. It's easy. I promise.
- Boil water for couscous. Remove from heat and add couscous. Wait five minutes for couscous to puff up. Find another reason to say the word couscous. [Couscous.]
- Heat a pan over high heat until it's really hot. This is easiest with cast iron because it can take a beating. If you're not sure how hot "really hot" is, put the oil in the pan and add the steak as soon as the oil starts smoking.
- Sear the steak for 2 minutes on one side [presentation side] and 1 minutes on the other side.
- Plate prettily!